Terms of Service
Acceptance of Terms
CharityUpdate has the exclusive right to control the accessibility, hours of use, and the features on the Site. CharityUpdate can restrict access to any or all portions of the Site or remove any information or content from the Site at any time. CharityUpdate reserves the right to monitor use of the Site.
User is solely responsible for providing the equipment used to access the Site, including all computer equipment, remote communications equipment, telephone or other equipment.
Accessing the Site
In order to gain access to the Site, you must register and create a login and password. You can do this online by completing the registration form on the applicable page. In our registration form we ask you to submit your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. You will be asked for credit card information for payment of the subscription fee.
Responsibility for User Accounts
It is your responsibility to keep your login credentials confidential and secure. Please do not share your credentials with others. Anyone who has your login credentials can access our services and freely obtain or tamper with any information posted in your account. By subscribing to CharityUpdate, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur at the Site under your registration account. CharityUpdate reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse service or terminate your account.
Copyrights and Trademarks
All content on the Site (with the exception of content that may be provided by CharityUpdate's third party content providers or materials submitted by Users) is the copyrighted property of CharityUpdate. Other than the download to the viewer's computer that is inherent in viewing a web page, Site contents may not be copied, reproduced, modified, published, uploaded, posted, transmitted, "framed" on another site, or distributed in any way without the prior written consent of CharityUpdate.
Users must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on any authorized reproductions of any portion of the Site. Any third party trademarks and content appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners. You are not permitted to use any of these third party trademarks or content without permission of the respective owners.
This license is perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable in whole or in part, and fully-paid up. CharityUpdate also has the right to remove User-submitted content from the Site at any time for any purpose.
User expressly agrees to refrain from doing, either personally or through an agent, any of the following:
- Use any device or other means to harvest information about other Users.
- Transmit, install, upload or otherwise transfer any virus or other item or process to the Site that in any way affects the use, enjoyment or service of the Site.
- Transmit, install, upload or otherwise transfer any virus or other item to the Site that in any way affects the use, enjoyment or service of any User's or CharityUpdate employee's computer or other medium used to access the Site.
- Submit any material to the Site that is offensive to any other User. CharityUpdate maintains the exclusive right to determine what is offensive.
- Submit to the Site any content that violates or infringes the intellectual property rights of others (including but not limited to copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents and publicity rights).
- Modify the information, including headers, found on the Site.
- Transmit, install, upload or otherwise transfer to the Site any unauthorized advertisement or communication.
- Engage in any action which CharityUpdate determines is detrimental to the use and enjoyment of the Site.
- Use the Site for any unlawful or defamatory means.
- Transmit, install, upload, post or otherwise transfer any information in violation of the laws of the United States or post any information that could result in civil unrest.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
Although CharityUpdate has attempted to provide accurate information on the Site, it makes no guarantee or warranty, express or implied, as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of that information and assumes no responsibility for any errors or omissions therein.
User accesses this site at his or her own risk. The site is provided on an "as is, as available" basis without warranty of any kind and any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement are specifically disclaimed. Neither CharityUpdate nor its affiliates, employees, agents or third party content providers shall be liable for any loss resulting from the use or unavailability of information or content on this site, including but not limited to any lost profits, loss or damage to data, or any direct, indirect, special, consequential, compensatory or incidental damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
This disclaimer is applicable to any damage or injury resulting from the negligence or omission of CharityUpdate, a computer virus or other similar item, telecommunications errors, or unauthorized access to or use of user information through theft or any other means. CharityUpdate is not liable for criminal, tortious, or negligent actions or omissions of third parties that affect this site.
In no event will CharityUpdate or any of its affiliates, agents, employees, assigns or third party content providers be held liable for any tortious or illegal conduct of other users.
In no event will CharityUpdate or any of its affiliates, agents, employees or assigns be held liable for any damage to equipment, hardware or other property of user or personal injury that arises in connection with use of the site.
Third Party Content
CharityUpdate is not the publisher or speaker of any information on the Site that is provided by third party content providers or by Users, and CharityUpdate is not liable for any claims related to that information. Any mention on the Site of products or services provided by third parties, including any advertisement found on the Site, is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation by CharityUpdate.
CharityUpdate assumes no responsibility for those advertisements, products or services. Any dealings among any User and any third parties mentioned on or found through the Site (including through classified advertising) are solely between the Users and the third parties, and are subject to any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with those dealings.
Accountancytoday makes no warranty, either expressed or implied, of the accuracy, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the information provided by third parties. This includes, but is not limited to, any information provided by an advertiser, third party content provider to user via this site, or any information found on a link located on this site that allows users to access information on another site. Additionally, CharityUpdate does not warrant the existence or functionality of any site which can be accessed through a link located on this site.
User agrees to defend, indemnify and otherwise hold harmless CharityUpdate and its officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns from and against any cause of action or claim, including legal fees, related to User's use of the Site.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Site. CharityUpdate will investigate occurrences of possible violations and will cooperate with all applicable law enforcement authorities in prosecuting violators.
Pricing Reviews and Variation
CharityUpdate reviews subscription price points regularly, and may increase or decrease the advertised sale price of any subscription plan at any time, without notice.
To avoid multiple 'tiers' of legacy pricing among existing Users, all existing Users' plans shall track (be the same as) the publicly advertised price, and this means Users’ bills may go up or down when their next automatic-renewal charge is made.
All Users are automatically sent an invoice/receipt by email when their subscription term renews and payment is taken from their account. If the User does not agree to continuing his or her subscription under the new pricing specified in their most recent invoice, User may claim a refund, as long as the claim is submitted to CharityUpdate within 60 days of the new charge being made.
All refunds will be for the full amount of the invoice in question, and result in cancellation of your subscription. Claims should be sent to email@example.com
We do not offer pro-rata refunds or allow individual subscribers to retain legacy pricing.
Once 60 days have elapsed since the transaction date, User may only cancel his or her subscription in accordance with the standard cancellation policy, and no refund will be offered.
User may cancel their CharityUpdate subscription in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the Cancel Account option in their Account Dashboard. Refunds will be provided, on a pro-rata basis, only where User has less than six months of their annual subscription remaining. CharityUpdate reserves the right to retain at least six months of the annual subscription fee for administration and other costs.
CharityUpdate honours the intellectual property rights of others and asks the same of Users of the Site. CharityUpdate may, in its sole discretion, terminate the accounts or access rights of Users whose actions infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your work has been infringed, please provide CharityUpdate with the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit CharityUpdate to identify the material;
- Information that is reasonably sufficient to permit CharityUpdate to contact the complaining party, such as address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in a manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
CharityUpdate can be contacted at:
Mulberry Publications Ltd.
154-160 Fleet Street
London, EC4A 2DQ
020 3176 6185
User agrees that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or action by User arising out of or regarding this Agreement must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
CharityUpdate makes no representation that the content of the Site is appropriate or available for use in all locations. Users of this site are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws. Any dispute arising out of this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of London, United Kingdom, notwithstanding any conflicts of law principles.
Any action relating to this Agreement must be filed and maintained in London, UK, or where applicable, the relevant United Kingdom Court, and each User consents to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts for such purpose.